SBESA was formed to unite all businesses and associations in the event services industry to create one unified voice, bringing strength in numbers. The association’s goals of receiving government grants instead of loans, loan forgiveness, extended government support, and increased eligibility can only be achieved by an association with a large number of supporters. Other industries have been successful in their pursuit of sector specific funding. We believe we can achieve the same, especially with the support of an industry the size and magnitude as the event services industry. The most important factor in having success is in the number of members we have. The industry needs every single business to register as a member. It’s free and your support can definitely create change.
This is what you can do to help SBESA achieve its short term goal of 1000 members and spread awareness to gain support:
- Join SBESA by visiting sbesa.ca and signing up as a member. It’s free. For owners of multiple businesses in the industry, register each business. Be sure to bookmark our website to stay informed. Click here to join.
- Spread awareness & promote membership by circulating our messages. Simply copy and paste into a text, WhatsApp message, Instagram message, facebook messenger, or email and send it to all your colleagues in the industry. Click here to copy our message.
- Follow SBESA on Instagram and like, comment and share our posts and stories. Be active and help spread awareness and promote membership. We will be providing our members, via our Telegram Announcement Channel and sebsa.ca, with images and text they can use to promote SBESA on their Instagram pages. Click here to follow SBESA on Instagram.
- Join our Telegram Announcement Channel to be up-to-date and informed. All our announcements will be made here. Click here to join our Telegram Announcement Channel.
- Join our Telegram Discussion Group and get in the conversation. Members can discuss topics, share ideas, ask questions and participate in polls in a group that can contain up to 200,000 members. Other apps and platforms do not offer this. Click here to join our Telegram Discussion Group.
- Send our latest provincial proposal to your local MPPs. We have submitted a proposal to the provincial government. It is very important to inform our local Members of Provincial Parliament of our situation and that we need help. Send a copy via email as well as a printed copy via mail to your local MPPs. Click here to download a copy of our latest provincial proposal and for a list of local MPPs in Ontario and their contact information.
- Send our latest federal proposal to your local federal MPs. We have submitted a proposal to the federal government. It is very important to inform your local federal Members of Parliament of our situation and that we need help. Send a copy via email as well as a printed copy via mail to your local MPs. Click here to download a copy of our latest federal proposal and for a list of local MPs in Ontario and their contact information.
- Get involved to help your industry. We are a few industry business owners who are volunteering our time to help save our industry. We need all the help we can get. If you would like to help us in achieving our goals, please click here to send us a message.